Bonnie Leah Yellin, DDS
I absolutely love being an orthodontist! I feel fortunate to be able to enjoy what I do every day and to see the positive impact I can make in a person's life. I get amazing satisfaction by building beautiful smiles and I especially enjoy the improved self-esteem and confidence that comes with these new smiles. These positive changes stay with our patients forever.
Our office is a warm, caring environment and this enables us to develop strong relationships with our patients. These relationships last well beyond the completion of their treatment.
- BA, Barnard College, Columbia University, 1981
- DDS, Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery, 1985
- General Practice Residency, Metropolitan Hospital, 1986
- Orthodontic Certificate, Columbia University School of Dental and Oral Surgery, 1988
- American Board of Orthodontics Board Certification, 2000
- Invisalign Preferred Provider
I am involved with continuing education to stay informed and current in the specialty of orthodontics. In addition to taking courses in both orthodontics and general dentistry, I attend orthodontic meetings and journal clubs, and keep up with all the current orthodontic literature.
As a part of my continuing education, I am an active member of the following professional organizations:
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics — Board Certified Diplomate
- Northeastern Society of Orthodontists
- Columbia University Alumni Society
- American Dental Association
- NY State Dental Association
- Suffolk County Dental Society
I was born and raised in Aurora, Illinois, and moved to New York to attend college and stayed to complete my dental and orthodontic degrees. I met my husband, Dr. Brian Gilman, while attending Columbia University Dental School. We married in 1988, and I then joined Gilman Orthodontic Associates. As Dr. Brian and I practice orthodontics together, we consider our practice an extension of our home and family. We have three amazing children named Jordana, Jonathan, and Benjamin. Outside the office, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I run, bike, and hike outdoors all through the year. I also love to read, travel, cook, and work in my vegetable garden.
American Association of Orthodontists
On this site, you can learn about orthodontic specialists in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and facial irregularities. The correction of tooth and jaw alignment results in a healthy, attractive smile that’s good for life.
American Board of Orthodontics
The mission of The American Board of Orthodontics is to establish and maintain the highest standards of clinical excellence in orthodontics.